Join other Michigan United Methodists on Wednesday, March 22 for our first annual Advocacy Day at Central UMC in Lansing!
This will be a day of prayer, public witness, and meetings with your elected officials about gun safety!
There will be three virtual training events before Advocacy Day where you can learn more about the topic and prepare for your meetings.
All three trainings will be recorded for you to view later if you cannot attend live.
The second and third trainings are required in order to attend the meetings with elected officials, to make sure you are well prepared.
We will also have a virtual debrief after the event to share key learnings and next action steps.
Registration costs $20, which will help cover related expenses, and scholarships are available.
Contact Alice Townley or Michelle King with any questions.
- Advocacy Day, March 22, 8:30 am-3 pm, Central UMC, Lansing
- Meetings with elected officials, a press conference, worship, and a tour of the State Capitol.
- ‘Yes,’ you may invite neighbors and friends. (What a great question that we keep hearing!)
- See attached publicity flyer and social media graphic.
- Register for Advocacy Day and virtual pre-event trainings and post-event debrief
- Take Action on Advocacy Day
- Our conference website’s newly updated Justice and Advocacy page has information and registration links.